Wednesday 16 July 2014

DJ Khaled Teams With Bang & Olufsen On Headphone Line

So why did Khaled choose to collaborate with Bang and Olufsen (B&O)?
Khaled: They are the iconic brand, the best electronic brand out there as well something I grew up on. I always loved their store. It was always ahead of its time. Me and Heads Audio got an opportunity to work with them and collaborate. I got a chance to put my own edition on the collection of headphones with them. They been in the game for a long time, they’re the best. [Going into their store] is like walking into a Rolls Royce dealership. That’s how I feel.

There have been other people in hip-hop that have released their own headphone line like 50 Cent and Ludacris. How will your line be different?
Love to everybody who is out there progressing and taking things to the next level. I feel like the quality of B&O alone off of what they do is so high. By me being with Heads Audio and B&O I feel like the best collaborated together. I feel like it’s the dream team. I’m also a boss in this move. This is something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. I feel like quality is going to speak for itself. I think you’re going to see what we’re about and it’s the best. I’m not competing with nobody. Our work speaks for itself.

So having your own headphone line was a dream of yours?
I always wanted to have a headphone line but I feel like I’m going to do more than just headphones eventually but we want to wake the world up right now with this. The response has been amazing and people are excited to get their headphones. When people heard about the collaboration they were excited--and when I say excited I mean the fans were and well as the people in the music business because they know about B&O and how powerful of a brand they are. They know how powerful We the Best and Heads Audio is. They know that for us to join forces it something serious. Its on!

Since there have been rappers releasing their own line of headphones, did you ever get discouraged?
Not at all. I never looked at it like that. It’s been a goal and dream of mine. I always make my dreams into goals. This is another one off the list that we have entered and now we’re trying to break the ground and take it to the top. The beauty of this whole thing is that it’s already at the top. Bang and Olufsen is the top. Its like we’re having a We-the-Best-DJ-Khaled-Rolls-Royce edition. I’m being very honest. That’s what it is. I’ve been blessed to play with the best players.

When will they be released?
We don’t have an exact release date we should have one soon. It’s going to be Fall 2014.

What will the price range be?
We haven’t discussed that yet. I’m getting with the whole team to discuss what the price range will be as well. We want to make sure that everything is right.

You mentioned that you wanted to do other things once you released the headphones. Did you mean just electronics or other ventures?
I want to take electronics to a whole other level. I feel like working with B&O and collaborating with their amazing staff and team I will be able to do that. Those guys are ahead of time. That’s how they’ve always been from day one. For me to be involved I feel like I want to be with them and bring more towards the culture that I’m in and spread my wings more and put my flavor to it.

You’re really passionate about it.
That’s what it’s about. Its about the passion and that’s what the people are going to feel. I’m going to put that into the product and make sure its gets back to ya’ll.

Will you be the spokesperson or will you get other people involved to be in the ads?
We’re going to do a lot of things. When it comes down to my brand, We the Best, we’re about the people and whoever is passionate and in love the way I’m in love when it comes down to the headphones I’m promoting. I’m definitely going to get everybody involved. It’s nothing but love over here, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment